1. “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.”
– Abraham Lincoln
2. A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
– Tenneva Jordan
3. Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease.
– Lisa Alther
4. There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.
– Jill Churchill
5. Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together.
– Pearl S. Buck
6. The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.
– Honoré de Balzac
7. Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.
– Cheryl Lacey Donovan
8. My mother’s menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it.
– Buddy Hackett
9. No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement.
– Florida Scott-Maxwell
10. Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.
– Gail Tsukiyama
11. A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.
– Irish Proverb
12. Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.
– Harriet Beecher Stowe
13. The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world.
– W. R. Wallace
14. Women’s natural role is to be a pillar of the family.
– Grace Kelly
15. The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.