If you’re a manager, chances are you’ve always been skeptical of your employees when they call in “sick”. Throughout the years, you’ve pretty much heard it all. From “being stuck in the snow” when there is only 1/2 inch of snow to “I’m in jail”. However, this year Career Builder has compiled a list a phenomenal list of of the most unbelievable excuses employees have had for calling in sick.
This year has been by far the best year, though. Check them out:
- Employee just put a casserole in the oven.
- Employee’s plastic surgery for enhancement purposes needed some “tweaking” to get it just right.
- Employee was sitting in the bathroom and her feet and legs fell asleep. When she stood up she fell and broke her ankle.
- Employee had been at the casino all weekend and still had money left to play with on Monday morning.
- Employee woke up in a good mood and didn’t want to ruin it.
- Employee had a “lucky night” and didn’t know where he was.
- Employee got stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store and couldn’t get out.
- Employee had a gall stone they wanted to heal holistically.
- Employee caught their uniform on fire by putting it in the microwave to dry.
- Employee accidentally got on a plane.
Even though these excuses may have made you laugh, the truth is that most employers have actually fired their employees when they are caught lying when calling in sick. According to Career Builder, 1 in 4 employers have also caught their employees through social media faking their sickness!